Monday, May 18, 2009

"Changes in Latitude... Changes in Attitude..."

"Never made it as a Wise man, never made it as a poor man stealing. This is how you remind me of who I really am..." -- ?

Howdy Folks,
Drove thru a pouring rain yesterday, now on the outskirts of Atlanta staying with the Loudermilk family. Sheets of rain pelted the car as I giggled to myself, "Man this storm is awesome- I LIVE for Mother Nature." In my early 20's I was an avid consumer of knowledge. My 'Bible' was a set of books written by a transcendentalist nature writer by the name of John Muir. Of Scottish descent Johnny was made of pure energy, he lived to play in the mtns. Hopefully the dogs and I will have many moons ahead to continue that tradition.

Was an enjoyable weekend in Mooresville with my cousin Bobn. A special thanks to his wife Allison for letting the boys out for a few nights to whoop it up. They have a lovely new boy named Rex. Bob and his friend Tony enjoyed dragging me in the water behind his boat on Lake Norman. Wonderful time there, gorgeous country though I can only imagine what Wild Bill's dreams are like. Do you know many Iditarod dogs that can water ski too? 3 talks over the next few days then on to Virginia. My good friend Mr. Bill Borden, the director of the Iditarod Finisher's club lives in the area. Bill did the race in 2002. Will be fun hanging with him and his wife Brenda. One last comment- we finally did it! We're on Facebook. Be kind to us please- will need to find a camera to put some pix up for everyone.
See ya all down the road! Hugh and Wild Bill www.laughingeyeskennel.com

3 Comments:

At 4:46 AM , Blogger Sally said...

I can't believe you set up an account on facebook! I'll send you pix of our school later tonight to help liven it up!

 
At 6:12 AM , Blogger Bill Borden said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:14 AM , Blogger Bill Borden said...

Hugh, It was great hanging with you as well, it is a small fraternity so it is always good to visit break bread and share the tails of he trail. I’m glad you’re making the trek to share the sport with more of the country, I love going to the schools and seeing the fans young and old’s light come on when they see how the Iditarod is Life’s Lessons. I'm looking forward to your speech today, Save travels and happy trails.
Cool Dreams,
Bill
www.CoolDreams.net

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home